Drain cleaning is one of the most effective ways to ensure a highly-efficient plumbing system this fall. After all, you shouldn’t allow a drain clog to persist in your home, even if it appears as a minor clog. Before you know it, you may have a huge problem on your hands, making you lose access to essential plumbing fixtures like toilets and showers. When you are already using those fixtures on a daily basis, a clog can single-handedly determine how you function in your home. But your plumbing fixtures won’t be the only thing you lose this fall. You may also experience pains like higher costs on utility bills, strange odors, and an overall lack of sanitation putting the well-being of everyone in your household at risk. Neglecting drain clogs can make for one long, agonizing fall season and it is better you take the steps necessary to avoid the trouble. One of those steps is calling up a professional drain cleaning company. A professional will be able to provide you with quality insight into your plumbing system and show you how to avoid any problems in the future.
Call Home Service Doctors for High-Quality Service
Fortunately, you can find that professional drain cleaning company at Home Service Doctors. We have a team of reliable plumbers ready to help. Our team can offer a wide range of drain cleaning solutions aimed at guaranteeing your long-term happiness. If you have a clog, chances are we know how to stop it, and in quick time as well. We’re not the Home Service Doctors for nothing; we always go the extra mile to remedy the situation. In addition, thanks to their years of experience, our plumbers know the ins and outs of a plumbing system more than anyone else. If you have a question on drain cleaning, feel free to ask and you can be sure our plumbers will answer it. We don’t want to see homeowners across the area spend the fall worrying when the next clog will arrive, so that’s why we teach you about avoiding any tough clogs going forward. When it comes to making sure you enjoy a stress-free experience, always make the call our way for help!
Helpful Drain Cleaning Tips
You may not have the tools and experience like a plumber at Home Service Doctors, but you still have the power to take action when drain clogs are threatening to wreak havoc on your plumbing system. If you want to know how to accomplish just that, please follow these 6 tips the next time you are looking to conduct a little drain maintenance:
- Throw Grease or Oil Away: Some homeowners willingly throw grease or oil down the kitchen sink without any thought. This is dangerous, as grease and oil will not pass easily through drainage pipes. Eventually, it will harden and instead block passage through the drains, making for a huge clog that will definitely take more than just a plunger to fix. The next time you cook a meal using lots of grease, don’t throw it down the drain. Store it in a container before throwing it out in the regular garbage.
- Boiling Hot Water: Sometimes all it takes to clean drains is putting boiling hot water in a pot or tea kettle down the drain. The hot water will work as a lubricant to loosen any sources of blockage, making it much easier for you to rid them from the drain. Please do this periodically to ensure no buildup lasts for too long.
- Avoid Chemical Drain Cleaners: It’s easy to be fooled by those ads for chemical drain cleaners and think they work as a miracle substance. However, if used too much, they can turn into the one thing that will ruin your plumbing system. Given their makeup, chemical drain cleaners will eventually bring damage to drainage pipes, making you call up for professional pipe repair. In addition, they are also hazardous, especially if they are exposed to your skin or eyes.
- Use a Drain Snake: Is your plunger not proving effective? You should consider using a drain snake instead for a more effective performance. Since it is snake-like in form, it can fit into the harder-to-reach areas of your drainage pipes and pick up material left undiscovered. However, here is an important reminder: if you have older, corroded drainage pipes, make sure to use the snake with caution or else you risk damaging the system.
- Consider Strainers: Your kitchen and bathroom drainsare constantly dealing with material like hair, soap scum, and food on a daily basis. This makes the risk of clogging high but instead of having to deal with a clog over and over again, you should instead install strainers which will block out any harmful materials. Once you install, all you need to do is clean them out periodically to ensure they continue to work at their best.
- Call Us for Annual Drain Maintenance: You should always make it a point each year to call us here at Home Service Doctors for annual drain maintenance. A licensed plumber will have the know-how to inspect drains carefully and be able to apply a wide range of solutions like camera inspection and hydro-jetting. Having a professional visit your home for inspection once a year will ensure you are more likely to remain clog-free over the next 12 months.
Don’t Let Plumbing Problems Clog Up Your Free Time This Fall – Schedule Your Drain Cleaning Service Today
Contact Home Service Doctors today if you want to experience improved plumbing thanks to our amazing drain cleaning!